Student Council Structure
All students shall have the opportunity to offer ideas for Council. All students shall have the opportunity to stand for office in one of the positions identified in this document if they meet the requirements as stated.
- The President of the university, through the Dean of Students, shall be the final authority over all actions of the Student Council.
- There are ten (10) Members on the Student Council:
- Five (5) Student Council Representatives are elected at large by all full-time students in academic programmes at RUW;
- Four (4) Faculty Representatives are ex officio voting members of the Council;
- The Past President shall be the ex officio tenth voting member of the Council.
- The positions of President, Secretary, Vice-President Public Relations, and Vice-President Finance will be filled from the elected members of the Council through election by all members of the Council.
- No officer shall be in an elected executive position for more than one year.
- The Council is elected annually in keeping with the procedures for nomination, acclamation and election.