Policies and Procedures
RUW applies a competitive admission policy. Admission to a programme of study is based on academic merit; the applicant’s grades during the last three years of high school and the number of spaces available in the programme. The language of instruction at RUW is English.
- Show evidence of having successfully completed Secondary Education or its equivalent in the Kingdom of Bahrain or overseas, attested by the Ministry of Education, Kingdom of Bahrain (MoE)
- Show evidence of a minimum level of English Language Proficiency, the following are examples of internationally accredited tests of English Language with the corresponding levels of proficiency required by RUW:
- IELTS overall band score of 5.5, or
- TOEFL: paper-based 513; or Computer-based 183; or Internet-based 65, or
- RUW English Placement Test overall band score of 5.5
- Some programme may also require Mathematics proficiency where applicants should have minimum average score of 60% in mathematics subjects in grade 12, otherwise, for those who do not satisfy this criteria are required to take a compulsory LAR course in mathematics.
- Some programmes may also require applicants to take an interview and/or submit additional documentation or portfolios.
- All documents included with an application for admission become the property of RUW and are retained in the students’ file until graduation.
For further information and assistance regarding admissions, please check the RUW website at: www.ruw.edu.bh or contact the Admissions Office on: Tel: +973 17 764444 or +973 17 764419 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants may complete an application form available on RUW website www.ruw.edu.bh or submit a completed application form with supporting documents directly to:
Royal University for Women,
Gate 366, Muaskar Highway,
West Riffa 942
P.O. BOX 37400, Riffa, Kingdom of Bahrain.
Applications must be supported with a non-refundable fee of BD 25/- in order to begin admissions processing.