College of Information Technology - Entry Requirements
The vision of the college is to foster women's excellence and to attract them to technology related fields, by offering programs of international standards at a women's only educational institution.
RUW applies a competitive admission policy. Admission to a programme of study is based on academic merit; the applicant's grades during the last three years of high school and the number of spaces available in the programme. The language of instruction at RUW is English.
- Show evidence of having successfully completed Secondary Education or its equivalent in the Kingdom of Bahrain or overseas, attested by the Ministry of Education, Kingdom of Bahrain (MoE);
- Show evidence of a minimum level of English Language Proficiency, the following are examples of internationally accredited tests of English Language with the corresponding levels of proficiency required by RUW:
- IELTS overall band score of 5.5, or
- TOEFL: paper-based 513; or Computer-based 183; or Internet-based 65, or
- RUW English Placement Test overall band score of 5.5.
- All documents included with an application for admission become the property of RUW and are retained in the students’ file until graduation.
- Applicants to CIT from Science or Technical/Commercial track in High School should have minimum average score of 60% in mathematics subjects in grade 12, otherwise, for those who do not satisfy this criteria are required to take a compulsory LAR course in mathematics.
- Applicants to FIT from Art or similar track in High School should take a compulsory LAR course in mathematics regardless of their average score in mathematics in High School.
- The LAR mathematics course will be delivered during the first semester and will be prerequisite for MATH 101.
For further information & assistance regarding admissions, please check the RUW website at: www.ruw.edu.bh or contact the Admissions Office Tel: +973 17 764444 or +973 17 764419
Applicants may complete an application form available on RUW website www.ruw.edu.bh or submit a completed application form with supporting documents directly to:
Admissions Office, Royal University for Women, Muaskar Highway Gate 366, West Riffa 942, PO BOX 37400, Riffa, Kingdom of Bahrain. Applications must be supported with a non-refundable fee of BD 25/- in order to begin admissions processing.
Required Documents for Admission
- Passport Copy (Minimum 3 months validity).
- Government ID (CPR or Smart Card) Copy.
- Four Passport-sized photographs.
- Medical Certificate from recognized hospital.
- Evidence of Proficiency in English (IELTS, TOEFL or RUW Placement Test).
- High School Official & Original Transcript (10th, 11th & 12th Grade) attested by Bahrain Government.
- High School Official & Original Wall Certificate attested by Bahrain Government.
- High School Letter of Completion attested by Bahrain Government.
- Equivalence letter from Ministry of Education in Bahrain.
Recognised secondary certificates
- Students having completed grade 12 or 13 depending on the system from which they have graduated.
- Having passed a minimum of two subjects at the Advanced (A) level or four at the Advanced Subsidiary (AS) level with at least a passing grade.
- Having passed at least five subjects with a minimum passing grade at the Ordinary (O) level.
- The application and registration fee are non-refundable.
- Applications for Semester 1 will be accepted throughout the Summer (June through August depending on availability).
- Applications for Semester 2 will be accepted throughout Semester 1.
- Applicants are reminded that it is their responsibility to meet the deadlines for submission of the Application Form with all supporting documentation requested.
- Applications submitted before the month of June receive first consideration in programme selection.
- Students must complete the authentication process in order to be officially accepted into RUW.
Note: RUW Residence application forms can be collected from the Admissions Office. Those applicants requiring accommodation in the RUW Residence must have their accommodation application confirmed by the Residence Warden.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
RUW offers a limited number of partial scholarships at the beginning of each academic year.
- Applicants eligible for partial scholarships must show evidence of having high academic standing in their high school grade. Only applicants with a high school average of 85% and above will be considered.
- Note: High academic grades do not guarantee a scholarship.
- Partial scholarship covers only an approved percentage over tuition fees only.
- RUW offers financial aid in the form of partial scholarships on tuition fees only depending on the written appeal and evidences provided.
- The scholarship committee will assess each application on its own merit and make recommendations.
- Applicants are required to follow the usual admission procedure by submitting all necessary documentation along with a request letter explaining their financial situation.
- The Office of the Registrar will be responsible to follow up with the applicant and to inform the applicant regarding the final decision.
- Students may be sponsored by government organisations, public institutions or private individuals.
- Sponsors receive schedules twice during the academic year.
- Transcripts are sent to sponsors at the end of each semester.
- Sponsored students must provide the Office of the Registrar with a copy of the sponsorship document.
Siblings Discount Policy
- The Siblings Discount Policy encourages students to recommend their sisters to RUW. RUW will provide the sibling(s) discount to new joining students as an incentive, as well as to enable additional financial support to our students.
- The second sister who enrolls will receive a discount of 10% on tuition fee only.
- The third sister who enrolls would receive a 15% on tuition fee only.
Conditions of this Policy:
To avail of this Policy, students must comply with the following listed below:
- Each sister must provide documentation to prove the relationship.
- This policy enables the second sibling to receive the discount, throughout the Bachelors Degree program.
- Students who receive the sibling discount are not eligible for any other RUW tuition discounts.
- No discounts are applicable to any of the following: towards
- Residence fees or